Lifesperience is now Raycommend, which can be found here: Ray Commend
Facebook is a platform that tends to elicit many different reactions from people when asked. Whether you love it or hate it, every day millions of people from all over the world and all walks of life log on to the site or one of its various apps to catch up with family and friends. As the years go by, one tends to build up a lot of content and in the case of many, some embarrassing content can be buried deep within your timeline. The fact that Facebook's settings can be confusing, even though they have tried to simplify them does not help.
We're now in a day and age where many employers look at Facebook accounts long before they consider hiring you, so how does one clean up without spending hours manually clicking on on timeline icons? Enter the Absterge script.
According to the Absterge page:
"Absterge works such that a user logs in to the Facebook Timeline, and navigates to the 'Activity Log' section. The removal process automatically unrolls all user's activity (by triggering click to "More Activity" link), and then removes every activity that can be removed from the logs. The only required user's activity so far is to expand the year where the logs are chronologically classified. The script deletes everything."
To use Absterge, simply do the following.
1. Install Firefox or Chrome
2. Install Greasemonkey (for Firefox) or Tampermonkey (for Chrome)
3. Download and install the Absterge script
4. Log in to Facebook and make sure that Facebook Timeline is available.
5. Navigate to the ‘Activity Log’.
6. The script will start unrolling the current expanded year triggering the ‘More Activity’ click event.
7. As soon as the script finds posts / comments / status updates, those will be automatically removed, without warnings.
8. In order to remove the activity of another year, just expand the year tab. The script will take care of the rest.
Depending on the amount of content in your log, it may take hours for the script to clean out your activity log.
For those of you who would prefer some extra control over what gets deleted, you can try Facebook Timeline Cleaner. As both of these are user scripts and Facebook makes constant changes, your mileage may vary. Absterge did work for me, deleting most of my content from 2009 until the present day.
|If you like this page, or any of my articles, please feel free to click on an ad when visiting. It helps keep the blog going. If that sounds like too much work, then please share the blog with your friends! I love visitors!|