|Picture credit: noshon|
As a man of Puerto Rican descent, one of my favorite traditions is all of the various cultural foods that tend to be prepared at holidays and events. Pasteles, Pernil, Arroz con Gandules, and Coquito all being part of these traditions. Whenever we host company or are guests elsewhere, rarely does anyone turn down the opportunity to have some of this famous and sweet drink that will fill you with holiday cheer. With the recipe online (it's not easy to find at local stores outside of Puerto Rico) now anyone can have a taste of the islands even on the iciest of days. Read on to learn how to prepare this tasty piece of tradition.
List of required ingredients:
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of white rum
- 1/2 tablespoon (4 grams) of cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon (7 ml) of vanilla extract
How to prepare:
- Gather all of the above ingredients.
- Combine all of your ingredients and blend until liquefied.
- Pour the combined mix into a container and refrigerate the drink. This drink is best consumed cold.
- Shake well before serving.
- This recipe will serve about five 8 oz. bottles.
Enjoy (preferably and responsibly) with family and friends!